Late last month the Supreme Court narrowed the scope of the controversial “honest services” fraud statute. See Skilling v. United States, No. 08-1394 (U.S., June 24, 2010). The latest Question of Ethics tackles the impact of the high court’s ruling.
A Question of Ethics: What Is the Impact of the Skilling Decision?
By McGuireWoods LLP
- U.S. Department of Education Launches Secret Shoppers Program to Investigate Colleges and Universities
- DOJ Announces “Pilot Program Regarding Compensation Incentives and Clawbacks” with Significant Ramifications for Corporations Facing Criminal Investigations
- U.S. Attorneys’ Offices Adopt Policy Incentivizing Self-Disclosure of Corporate Misconduct
- Department of Education Guidance Expands Possible Liability for Private Companies That Contract With Higher Education Institutions
- FinCEN Alert Highlights Potential U.S. Real Estate Investments by Sanctioned Russian Elites